Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Grime Rant



It's time people, time for a change.

Grime, it's out there but it's quite simply not in here...



...my bedroom that is. Well there is some but no way near enough. I want albums people, motherfucking albums! Not shoddily put togther mixtapes with a few verses taped off the radio or supposed 'exclusives'...give me albums!

Now I don't wanna start naming names because you know who you are, and I know for a fact mans like Tinchy read this shit...but why can't you all me more like Dizzee or Roll Deep? Hell, do a Wu-Tang and shake things up with some revolutionary deals, cus this self released stuff just doesn't really cut it. I mean look at Sway, he was supposed to be 'IT' and all that saved him from total embarassment was distribution - so at least sort that out. Do you know how much grime is commercially available outside of London? - Not much...thank god for Channel U and the internet!

Here's my challenge to 90% of grime acts with actual talent - put down your blunts, put down your gun fingers, quit 'shottin' to your boys and start actually gettin' you arse to this 'grind' you're always on about! Make a cohesive album, an album with themes beyond the stereotypical scope - that I can't even be bothered to go into - put on your sunday best and sell it (and yourself - obviously without compromising your 'artistic integrity') to a label. Please, even if its just so I can listen to it...

Rant over (well it's not really, I had to cut it short cus my laptop was suffering and I didn't want to start any beef...)


STYLEZ OUT

No comments: