Friday, June 20, 2008

Currently pon the Ruffhousing tits...


Those fucking Cobra ads.

"You know Daddy Long Legs'?"
"Yeah"
"Well, what do they call the female ones?!"
"Bloody hell! Barman, we'll need two more Cobras, please - it'll take a while to thrash this one out! Female Daddy Long Legs'! There's a brain teaser!"
"And while we're at it, why is 'abbreviated' such a long word?"
"Christ, it's going to be an all-nighter!"

God, these ads are irritating. They're apparently aimed at fictional groups of 'mates' who have so little in common and are so utterly starved for something - anything - to say to each other when they're down the pub that they have to resort to these pedestrian exchanges of pointless questions. Do these dullards really exist? The day I ask one of my closest friends, "why is it called a 'drive-thru' when you have to stop?" is the day I realise I have no close friends. And the day before I take my own life.

Tom Trouble

No comments: